Thursday, April 9, 2009

Offensive?

Walgreens stores from all over have started to pull the Chia Obama head from their shelves after finding the product to be "questionable". Apparently some people have found it offensive and disrespectful to the President.

Chia Pets founder, Joseph Pedott, sees no problem with it however.

"Since when is an Afro racist?" questioned Pedott. "Owners can trim Chia Obama's 'hair' to any length they want," the Chia mogul matter-of-factly explained.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand how this can be considered racist? Maybe a little disrespectful using his likeness to create big sales for the company I guess? The fabulous Michelle Obama made her opinion known when it comes to using her family as a marketing scheme. However, this is the President of the United States and a lot of the country is crazy about him so the fact that Chia came out with this is not surprising. I'm not gonna lie if it wasn't for the fact that every plant that comes into my apartment dies a horrible death I would totally buy one of these cause I love me some Obama.



5 comments:

  1. This is the first I have seen of these. Interesting, I wonder what will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have Obama everything... I guess he's the president so people might feel differently about this. But I'd be honored if they make a chia pet out of my head!! I'd buy a few and keep them around as Christmas gifts to friends as jokes for sure lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a chia-head of myself... but that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I would love a Chia-head of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! That made me laugh right out loud.

    ReplyDelete

People who are pink & fabulous...